Monday, April 18, 2016

Graceling Series Read Along Begins!

Hi everyone! As announced a few weeks ago, the amazing Caroline from Just Another Bookish Blog and I are hosting a Graceling series read along. I'm very excited to say that today marks the first day!



We're going to be spending two weeks per book, starting with Graceling today, moving to Fire on May 2nd, and finishing off with Bitterblue on May 16th. Along the way, we've planned a whole bunch of fun posts! Apart from reviews, we're going to have all sorts of other posts, like our own personal Graceling profiles, Grace lists, character profiles, if-you-liked-this-you'll-like-this, and more!


Also, we're going to be having a fan art competition! To enter, all you need to do is post a picture on Instagram with #gracelingreadalongART and tag Caroline! (And by the way, if you guys aren't following her on Instagram, please do! She does the most amazing book pictures, and really knows how to make them aesthetically stunning!) Simple :)

This is going to be my first time reading Graceling, so you have no idea how excited I am for this! I've heard nothing short of spectacular things about it!

Hope you'll all join us, either rereading it (like Caroline) or reading it for the first time (like me). And don't forget to check out Caroline's blog to get the remaining half of this read along! :D




Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight - she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.


When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.


She never expects to become Po's friend.


She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace - or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away...


Goodreads




7 comments:

  1. Writing my post right now, I’m already halfway through and I’m re-loving it so much! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! AHHH, there's going to be so much I need to discuss with you about this book!

      Delete
  2. I really need to do this with you guys! I've never read this series either.

    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do join us! It's going to be so much fun!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like fun! This book is on my TBR list, it's just one of those books I don't know why I haven't read yet D:
    I like that you're having a fan art competition, that's really cool :D

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete